Braided Area Rugs - Best Rugs to Buy in USA
Posted by ANUJ JAIN
There's no doubt about it: braided area rugs are back! Rarely a day goes by without our samples being excitedly thumbed through. Perhaps it's because, as Norma and Elizabeth Sturges-authors of The Braided Rug Book put it, braided rugs represent "hearth, home, comfort, family, and love." In the early years, wooden floors of American homes were covered with straw or rush-woven mats. Trends come and go, and despite going out of fashion in the 60s, braided area rugs are now back on the scene, since many are taking a green approach to furnishing their homes and are opting for area rugs over carpeting.
Why Braided Area Rugs?
Besides the use of Braided area rugs on the wood floors, linoleum, tile or wall-to-wall carpet, braided area rugs can help protect your highest traffic areas from wear and tear. Entrance ways seem to fall victim of the most household traffic. Not even the liveliest children will be able to wear out these beautiful rugs. Braided rugs work well in living room, children's room, foyer, dining room, kitchen, hallway, bedroom, or entry ways. The rug mall provides braided rugs for all areas and surfaces and also offers them in assorted colors, styles and sizes.
Braided Area Rugs Maintenance
Braided Area Rugs add a beautiful, warm accent to any room. To keep your braided area rug looking its best, a little proper care and cleaning may be needed. Cleaning them often means stain removal.
- They need to be vacuumed regularly to maintain their good looks.
- Vacuum both sides with the vacuum's upholstery attachment or with the regular vacuum head.
- Some braided rugs may be cleaned with a dry-cleaning solvent, available at most hardware stores and home improvement centers.
- Cotton responds well to mild liquid dish soap mixed with lukewarm water.
- Don't rub the stain, only blot to avoid damaging the fibers.
- Common stain removers like vinegar and lemon juice may cause the dyes of the braided rug to run and fade.
How to Store Braided Area Rugs Safely
- Vacuum your braided rug if you are going to store it for a long time without exposure to air or light.
- After vacuuming your braided rug put mothballs and sometimes you can also use tobacco to protect them from an insect. They can harm your rugs badly.
- After wrapping it up, safely store the area rug in a dry location.
We've Got your Decorations Covered :)
The Rug Mall carries braided rugs from over a wide variety of leader Mills all over the world, innovating design with a beautiful touch of Old-School craftsmanship. They are reinventing braided rugs in fashion-forward ways that make them feel less country and more up-to-date. They also are using softer materials to produce them like polypropylene and cotton, which often feels cooler and more comfortable under foot than wool. You'll find samples for almost every braided area rug in the product line in our stores, and our design associates are happy to go through them with you to help find and order the best option. So, let's have a look!